Celebrity Culture

Celebrity Culture

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Heidi Montage's 10 Plastic Surgeries in 1 day!

http://annehelenpetersen.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/heidi-montag-plastic-surgery-photos.jpg
At just 23 years old, The Hills star Heidi Montage decided to go under the knife for a second time and have a staggering 10 plastic-surgery procedures in one day! Heidi has been highly criticized for her actions by the media, fans and even by her family. But is there another side to the story? Everyone, especially the media, been so shocked by the initially story of her getting 10 plastic surgery procedures done that they have neglected to report on the underlying reasons for her actions. Montage attributes her decisions to undergo plastic surgery to years of being teased, the pressures in L.A. and her deep insecurities and her lack of comfort with her appearance.
"I was made fun of when I was younger, and so I had insecurities, especially after I moved to L.A. People said I had a "Jay Leno chin"; they'd circle it on blogs and say nasty things. It bothered me. And when I watched myself on The Hills, my ears would be sticking out likle Dumbo! I just wanted to feel more confident and look in the mirror and be like, "Whoa! That's me!" I was an ugly duckling before."-Heidi Montage (www.huffingtonpost.com)
Although I am not justifying her actions or decisions, I think most of what she did was unnecessary and ridiculous, I think the media did a poor job of reporting on the story because they only told it from one side. however, this often happens with entertainment media and celebrities stories-they report on the actions and decisions celebrities make everyday, but celebrities' voices are rarely ever heard on these matters. One of the biggest problems with celebrity and entertainment news and the fact that it doesn't capture stories from many angles nor does it ever give the celebrity a chance to defend themselves-it just puts them in an arena with a bunch of lions and no means of protecting themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment